Sunday, July 17, 2011

Re-Cover!

I haven't had much time to craft lately with the school holidays, i've been busy doing kids craft with my kids and not much for myself. I did however get around to finally recovering a recipe binder i've had for years, but I've wanted to recover for the last year. Here it is...

Here are the flowers I used. They were actually made for me by a friend, Mia's Mummy, I just pulled off the buttons and changed them for some pearls I had that better suited the layout.

Chipboard letters, that I painted, crackle accented, and added a pink look in the cracks using glimmer mist. I got the tutorial for it from here

Some gorgeous lace and pearls that I draped along the top.

The final look! 
I wanted to keep it simple because it's going to get a lot of use holding all my favourite recipes on the cards that came with the binder originally. It will often be left open on a page that i'm working from, so I also wanted the cover to be fairly flat rather than bulky and I worked within that idea. 

What do you think?

1 comment:

Lea said...

Absolutely beautiful. You must be thrilled with it!